This Sardine Spaghetti Recipe is so quick, cheap and packed with flavour!
1 x Tin sardines in oil
2 x Garlic cloves Crushed
1 x red chilli
1 handfuls of cherry toms sliced
1 x small bunch of parsley chopped
1/2 cup toasted breadcrumbs. (I like to keep a box of toasted salt and pepper breadcrumbs in the pantry as its a great quick way t add texture and flavour)
Spaghetti for 2
1. Start by boiling a pan of salted water and get the pasta cooking (cook according to instructions, time depends on pasta type)
2. Take a large fry pan and drain the tin of sardine oil in to the pan – oil only at this stage
3. Add in the garlic and gently fry without burning for a minute
4. Add in the chilli and sardines and crush the sardines with the back of a fork
5. Add in tomatoes and turn down and simmer – you can add a ladle of water from the spaghetti pan to sauce it up a little
6. You can turn off when tomatoes are a little soft and wait for the pasta to finish
7. Drain pasta and quickly add to large pan of sauce and toss through
8. Serve and add breadcrumbs and chopped parsley on top to finish. Feel free to grate a little parmesan too.